ADJUSTABLE LOCKING BALL MOUNT (ALBM)
The Fastway® Flash™ adjustable aluminum locking ball mounts give you maximum theft protection with fast and easy adjustability and stunning good looks. The integrated lock pin system is a step up in both security and convenience from a traditional locking hitch pin because it cannot be snapped off by a would-be thief, and because there is no separate hardware to mess with – it’s all built right into the hitch.
- Best anti-theft system available- Locks are built-in, making it almost impossible to steal.
- Hand-polished mirror finish- Looks absolutely fantastic on your truck.
- Easy access front-facing locks- Easy to reach and faster to lock and unlock than other ball mounts.
- Stainless integrated lock pins- Locks are built-in to your ball mount, making them rust resistant and faster to adjust.
- Aircraft grade aluminum- The same metal that keeps you safe at 40,000 feet in the sky, keeps your trailer safe on the road.
- 1,000 lb. max tongue wt. / 10,000 lb. max trailer wt.- Strong enough for your heaviest toys, yet lightweight and easy to adjust.
- Limited one year warranty- We stand behind every ball mount we sell. Flash ball mounts are American-made, and backed by a company with 70 years of experience building the safest towing products on the road.
You’re busy. You don’t have time to mess around with a cheap, poorly built ball mount that is difficult to adjust when you switch trailers. You need a Flash ball mount - the best anti-theft, highest-quality, and toughest aluminum ball mount on the market. The ALBM model is available in four different drops, and both the 2" and 2-1/2' shank sizes.
- 4, 6, 8, or 10 inch drops
- Dual hitch balls (1-7/8″ and 2″ combo, or 2″ and 2-5/16″ combo)
- Chrome plated or stainless steel hitch balls
- Stainless tri-ball system includes all 3 hitch ball sizes
- 2″ or 2-1/2″ shank sizes
SELECTING THE PROPER BALL MOUNT DROP OR RISE FOR YOUR TRAILER
For safe, comfortable trailer towing, the trailer should always be set up to tow as level as possible. A level trailer puts less strain on the connection between the trailer and the hitch. This also allows the trailer to track true behind the vehicle. Trailer and vehicle heights vary so a correct rise or drop will be needed to level the trailer. Determining the correct rise and drop needed for your vehicle can be determined by using the following simple steps. You’re busy. You don’t have time to mess around with a cheap, poorly built ball mount that is difficult to adjust when you switch trailers. You need a Flash ballmount - the highest-quality, and toughest aluminum ball mount on the market.
1. MEASURE RECEIVER HEIGHT
With the vehicle parked on level ground, measure the hitch height from the ground to the top of the receiver opening on the hitch.
2. MEASURE COUPLER HEIGHT
Next, you will need to measure from the bottom of the trailer’s coupler to the ground. Make sure the trailer is on level ground and the trailer itself is level.
3. SUBTRACT THE DIFFERENCE
Compute the difference between the receiver height and the coupler height. If the hitch height is greater than the coupler height, the difference is the drop that is required. If the coupler height is greater, then the difference is the rise that is required. Select a fixed drop or adjustable ball mount with a rise or drop that is closest to the difference you come up with. For example, if the receiver hitch height is 26″ and the trailers coupler height is 20″. Then a 6” drop ball mount would be a perfect drop for this application. Please account for some adjustment if air bags are not being used to prevent the truck from sinking a little when loaded.